Monday, May 21, 2007

Intro

Let's keep this intro brief. My name is Lou, born and raised in Western New York. Somewhere along the line, amidst all the shouting about Jim Kelly this and Thurman Thomas that, this dude came out a Dolphins fan. A big one. Of course, like the majority of Phins fans my age, I grew up idolizing a one Mr. Dan Marino.

"Armed and Dangerous" the poster read, hung among many others. And there was a swarthy Marino with a Malibu tan, standing in front of a ridiculously cheesy backdrop -- an aqua Corvette, parked beachside under a setting Miami sun. And old Danny boy, ball in hand, gym bag to his left, and a blazing pair of Dolphins Zubaz pulled old-man high up the waist.

Of course there was Clayton and Duper, the '92 team that I loved, Mark Higgs, Keith Jackson, Irving Fryar, Louis Oliver, Vincent, Klingbeil, Offerdahl. Forget Elway and Favre, you can have those clowns. These guys were my heroes.

OK, there's my introduction. This blog will serve as everything Dolphins because, dammit, I'm by myself in Charlotte, NC, and have no one to bitch to.

No comments: