Tuesday, July 24, 2007

D-NiceNess Weekend Recap: Arrests and Polygamy

I just returned from a nice little Sabbatical to Pittsburgh, a trip fueled by scores of ballpark beers, old friends and a terrible Pirates team shut out by Woody Williams. But that's neither here nor there. I've since caught up on the latest Dolphin happenings.

Here's what I find either worthwhile, entertaining or both:

Man, the Dolphins are getting more criminal by the day. That's what I thought to myself when I read the headline "Campbell Drug Charges Put Dolphins Atop NFL Arrests". This after I laughed uncontrollably and attempted to chest bump a fellow library visitor (He denied my request...that jerk off). Seriously, I was only kidding when I said I wanted to see more Dolphins getting arrested. Apparently, Campbell's drug use and NOT his assumed love of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and patchouli is what led to his release.

Incidentally, Joey Porter was dinged 100 Ger for jacking Levi Jones in the kisser, but he was not suspended. Perfect. Nicely played.

Second-round pick and future hopeful John "Boy" Beck has officially signed with the team, and, in celebration of his signing, every man in Utah has added four more wives. Kudos, boys. At least when those white-shirted gentlemen show up on my front door pedaling the Book of Mormon, there's a slight possibility they'll be donning Beck replicas.

The Sun-Sentinel blog is full of training camp happenings that are updated quite frequently. For now, this is close as I get to witnessing the orgasmic thrill of 7-on-7 drills and "Reggie-Roby like skyscraping punts". God, I can't wait for the season to start.

I think Dan Le Batard is a major tool box. His writing is fine and dandy, but it's usually so f#$#ing smug that I feel compelled to write him a short, two-word e-mail. Something like "Kill Yourself", "Eat Me"or the always-effective,"You Suck". Add to that his PTI appearances -- where, to me, it seems as if Le Batard's only goal is to convince the world he doesn't actually suck but is merely a huge boner. His latest column got under my skin because (1) it's Le Batard writing about the Dolphins, (2) he uses a forced analogy involving scorned lovers, and (3) he's so f#$$ing right it makes me ill. Damn you.

No comments: