Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Where Charleston Heston and Cam Cameron are Similar

Because of "The Man", I didn't see the Washington game and hence didn't notice this:


Come the NFL's opening weekend, Atlanta, Dallas, Green Bay, Indianapolis, Jersey/A, Miami, Minnesota, New England, Philadelphia and Tennessee regularly lined up in a shotgun spread, even on rushing downs.
This is from a Tuesday Morning Quarterback column on the popularity of the shotgun spread on the collegiate and pro levels.

I will never pretend to be overly knowledgeable in the x's and o's of the game, and honestly, I'm more concerned with which cornerback our quarterbacks will complete a pass to rather than where our QBs are lined up. So I'm curious as to whether more shotgun sets are part of Cam's guru-dom, the only logical solution to a swiss-cheese offensive line minus execution (Literary, like shooting them), or both.

Did we line up in shotgun regularly with the "F Brothers" (Frerotte, Fiedler and Feely. I know, how clever)? I'm inclined to say no.

No comments: