Monday, September 10, 2007

WSH: 16 MIA: 13 OT

Ugh. Looks like the same old Dolphins, and though I'd love to lay into the team and list the plethora of reasons why the Phins continually make my weeks miserable, I'll try to remain optimistic and a non-"Fire Cameron Immediately" type of fan.

Again, I'm forced to agree with this d-bag.

I didn't see a bit of the game because of work. I know, the NFL season opener is like Christmas. Not only does it ring in the greatest time of the year, but everyone -- including Miami -- has a shot...and I had to f#$ing work. A friend text-messaged me all the updates, and I knew it wasn't going well due to the fact that I received one text in what seemed like the first hour of play.

Where to start, really? Dropped balls, Travis Daniels getting lit by Randel El, a gimpy Clinton Portis nearly going over the century mark and our pitiful running game. Add to that mess a season-ending injury to Yeremiah Bell and we're grabbing ankles. I'll get to Bell in a future post.

With another usual avoidance of the end-zone, I was almost certain Trent Green threw for no more than 175 and was picked off at least twice. In reality, he didn't do all that bad -- 23/38 for 219 and a touch. However, we're one Fred Smoot drop from condemning Green for a Feelian or Fiedlerian performance. That's never good.

I'm not gonna harp too much over this loss, but the continual lack of production on the offensive side of the ball is frustrating. I can't even imagine what Thomas and Taylor think after these types of losses. I bet it's something like, "16 points? You couldn't do better than 16 f$#@ing points, guys?"

And where the hell was Joey Porter?

No comments: