Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Evans Pulls a Bonnie; Cameron Wants Tougher Team Image, Urges Players to Punch Randoms in Face

I'm breaking some of my personal rules for Dolphin Niceness. First, I tried to not criticize sports writers when I disagree with their views. That lasted a few weeks. Today, I'll break rule No. 2 that states: Don't talk about an athlete's personal life or reference silly comments blown out of proportion.

With that said, Fred Evans got tanked, yacked in cab and was arrested. Well, hell, that happened to all of us St. Bonaventure Bonnies. No big deal. Then he got the taser. Now there's speculation that the defensive tackle could be cut or earn a time-out from Goodell, seeing as he was already on probation.

Though far from a starter, Evans was considered to be one of the few Saban-era draft picks making some serious improvements at a position we are currently lacking in talented youth. With our projected '07 starters being recently re-signed Keith Traylor and Vonnie Holliday, who will be 38 and 32, respectively, we're desperate for young guys. Though it's insanely idiotic to speculate on the '08 draft, we'll most certainly devote a couple picks to the defensive line. Then again, after Ted Ginn, Jr., I will no longer expect anything from the Miami Dolphins in terms of draft picks.

Anyway, I'll admit, my first thought of Evans's lightning ride was, "Sweet! I'm liking this rap sheet Dolphin team." First Porter, now Evans. Please, for the love of John Smith, will the Dade County Sheriff's department please find John Boy Beck drunk in an alley somewhere. Will Ronnie Brown please get arrested for punching a club bouncer? Could Channing Crowder please get a disorderly conduct charge for calling a police officer a "pube"? Please.

No comments: