Monday, June 18, 2007

Monday Dolphin Fodder

Take this for what it's worth, but Peter King of SI has generated his list of the top 32 QBs in the game today. King is quite arguably THE voice of the NFL. I'm not real sure what that means specifically, but, hell, I think it's safe to say his opinions hold a little more weight than, say, Sean "I Guarantee it" Salisbury.

Anyway, according to his own slightly questionable research and number crunching, King places Trent Green at 24. Scanning over the various criteria, the categories seem like logical barometers of performance... except the "Intangibles" column. Tell me, how does one possibly place a numerical value on intangibles? This also irked the guys over at Fire Joe Morgan.

Let's thank him for setting Green's expectations real low. Like the old man says, "If you don't expect much, you can't be disappointed."

Also: Typically, Fanhouse articles usually measure at least a 6.5 on my "Bullsh$# Meter", but this article made me laugh: Culpepper to Green Bay? Not because it sounds like complete nonsense. For all I know, it could be true. It's funny because I can only imagine the look on Aaron Rodgers' face when he hears this kind of news. Poor guy.

No comments: